…to Oude Werf in the historic heart of the Cape Winelands’ capital of Stellenbosch. Here, on the site of our country’s first church – which coined our name: ‘the old churchyard’ – our intimate 58-room hotel blends contemporary comfort and period-inspired ambiance with the same easy, personal care we’ve offered guests for two centuries as South Africa’s oldest continuously-operating hotel. Welcome to our Stellenbosch landmark. Please come in!
News & Press
- Milk tart, our favourite comfort food! Try this recipe. - Milk tart is one of our favourite afternoon treats, but our version is made with puff-pastry to create a delicious taste sensation. Come taste it at the restaurant and then try it at home with our recipe.
- Top tips for finding the perfect book-club venue - As a creative think tank Stellenbosch has a number of bespoke book clubs and similar groups looking for spaces with the perfect ambience for discussion and debate. “Oude Werf is in the unique position to offer small groups, like book clubs a quiet setting just off busy Church Street,” says general manager (and book […]
- Christmas “bederf” in Stellenbosch - Oude Werf will be preparing a feast for Christmas. No cooking or washing up for you! Book your table today.
- Ploughman’s platter special - You don’t have to be a ploughman to love this selection of charcuterie, pâté, pickles, bread, cheeses and preserves, just a lover of real, authentic goodness. At R195, it serves two and includes a glass of House MCC sparkling wine per person.
Outstanding service, incredible room, STUNNING location. This is one of the BEST places to stay in all of Cape Town.
– Chris, Australia (06/09/2016)
Wonderful hotel and great location
The hotel is of a very high standard, fantastically huge beds, lovely rooms and in a great location in the centre of town. All the staff that we’ve met have been really friendly and parked the car for us when we arrived. Would definitely recommend.
– Jem762015 – Abergavenny, United Kingdom (01/09/2016)
Kind people. Fantastic service. Pleasant valet parking.
– George – Netherlands (07/09/2016)
Great location and customer service
What a lovely hotel! The rooms were large and we enjoyed the well-appointed bar and lounge. The hotel is in a great location in the middle of shops and restaurants. The customer service was excellent.
– donnafrob3663 – Atlanta, Georgia (22/09/2016)
Great location, beautiful rooms and friendly helpful staff. We will most definitely stay here again when visiting the Winelands.
– Eloise, South Africa (07/09/2016)