…to Oude Werf in the historic heart of the Cape Winelands’ capital of Stellenbosch. Here, on the site of our country’s first church – which coined our name: ‘the old churchyard’ – our intimate 58-room hotel blends contemporary comfort and period-inspired ambiance with the same easy, personal care we’ve offered guests for two centuries as South Africa’s oldest continuously-operating hotel. Welcome to our Stellenbosch landmark. Please come in!
News & Press
- south africa’s wine tourism strategy to be unveiled - The first ever Business of Wine and Food Tourism to be held at Spier Estate, near Stellenbosch and our own Karl Parkinson, Group Sales Manager will be participating.
- Oude Werf’s gardening tips for spring - Don’t worry if you left preparing for spring a little late – there’s still a lot you can do to ensure your garden is a blooming success. Here are seven gardening tips from our group environmental manager, Chris van Zyl, on what to focus on in spring.
- Winelands Weekend package - Stay in the heart of Stellies and enjoy a dinner, the Vine Hopper, a tasting at Brampton Wine Studio, one afternoon tea and a couples massage.
- Stellenbosch Soul Food evenings - Oude Werf introduces Stellenbosch Soul food evenings. Join us in front of our roaring fire to savour a selection of rich, warm dishes that will take you back to a slower era. Every Thursday for R155 per person until the end of September.
Amazing place to stay
The decor is beautiful, a fantastic mix of old world character with a contemporary edge. The staff were ever so friendly and helpful at all times. It is a pleasure to stay here and food was delicious.
– Grant, South Africa (5/3/16)
Staff are so helpful and caring. Nothing is too much trouble. Rooms are well appointed and modern, yet the hotel manages to retain an old world charm. Breakfast is of a high standard as you would expect in such a hotel. It is situated in the centre of town with restaurants, shops and gardens all within a short stroll. One of the best hotels we’ve stayed in.
– Douglas M , Prestwick, United Kingdom (4/26/16)
A little gem in the heart of Stellenbosch
Friendly informative staff in a great central location. It felt like a home from home.
– Angela, United Kingdom (4/22/16)
Loved the atmosphere, friendly staff and amazing surroundings. I felt like a VIP.
– Ciska, South Africa (4/21/16)
Everything a hotel should be
This was everything a hotel should be… the staff were efficient, the rooms spacious and the location could not have been better.
– John, United Kingdom (4/19/16)