…to Oude Werf in the historic heart of the Cape Winelands’ capital of Stellenbosch. Here, on the site of our country’s first church – which coined our name: ‘the old churchyard’ – our intimate 58-room hotel blends contemporary comfort and period-inspired ambiance with the same easy, personal care we’ve offered guests for two centuries as South Africa’s oldest continuously-operating hotel. Welcome to our Stellenbosch landmark. Please come in!
News & Press
- Top tips for finding the perfect book-club venue - As a creative think tank Stellenbosch has a number of bespoke book clubs and similar groups looking for spaces with the perfect ambience for discussion and debate. “Oude Werf is in the unique position to offer small groups, like book clubs a quiet setting just off busy Church Street,” says general manager (and book […]
- Oom Cyril – a Church Street legend - We would like to acknowledge our dear Oom Cyril, who has been working at Oude Werf for 12 years. His smile is legendary and we are so grateful to have his warm and friendly self on our stoep every day helping guests with luggage, welcoming international travellers and greeting regulars like old friends. Oom Cyril […]
- Winter Winelands Weekend package - Stay in the heart of Stellies and enjoy a dinner, the Vine Hopper, a tasting at Brampton Wine Studio, one afternoon tea and a couples massage.
- Business special - A special accommodation rate for corporate travellers coming to Stellenbosch. Stay until 31 August and pay R1450 in a single, deluxe room. The rate includes breakfast. We offer complimentary Wi-Fi, secure valet parking, and room service between 7am and 10pm.
Amazing place to stay
The decor is beautiful, a fantastic mix of old world character with a contemporary edge. The staff were ever so friendly and helpful at all times. It is a pleasure to stay here and food was delicious.
– Grant, South Africa (5/3/16)
Staff are so helpful and caring. Nothing is too much trouble. Rooms are well appointed and modern, yet the hotel manages to retain an old world charm. Breakfast is of a high standard as you would expect in such a hotel. It is situated in the centre of town with restaurants, shops and gardens all within a short stroll. One of the best hotels we’ve stayed in.
– Douglas M , Prestwick, United Kingdom (4/26/16)
A little gem in the heart of Stellenbosch
Friendly informative staff in a great central location. It felt like a home from home.
– Angela, United Kingdom (4/22/16)
Loved the atmosphere, friendly staff and amazing surroundings. I felt like a VIP.
– Ciska, South Africa (4/21/16)
Everything a hotel should be
This was everything a hotel should be… the staff were efficient, the rooms spacious and the location could not have been better.
– John, United Kingdom (4/19/16)
A Great place for a stopover, and we’ll be back!!
Very centrally situated, and a short walk to many restaurants, pubs and shops in the CBD. Staff were really excellent – nothing was too much trouble.
– Tim, South Africa (3/31/16)
Breath taking Hotel!
Exceptional hotel, everything was beautiful. The bed was enormous, the rooms were furnished so well and the Staff and food were impeccable. Already planning the next trip – only stayed 1 night but we will definitely be staying longer next year!
– Elle, United Kingdom (3/7/16)
Stunning hotel in the very heart of Stellenbosch
Oude Werf Hotel is perfectly situated in Church Street – the very heart of Stellenbosch. It is within walking distance of great restaurants, art galleries, bars etc. The rooms are tastefully decorated and very comfortable. The staff were without exception extremely pleasant and efficient. Breakfast was also very good. We will be back!
– Sandi, Durban (2/26/16)
Lovely central position
Lovely modern rooms and everything well thought out. Staff were excellent, valet parking a godsend as traffic can become impossible in town. Once your car has disappeared everything can be done on foot, a joy of a town.
– Robert, United Kingdom (2/25/16)
Great location in the center of the town. Free valet parking. Great spacious and well-appointed rooms. Delicious breakfast. Good vibe.
– Peter, Germany (2/7/16)
One night stay whilst visiting the area
This is a high quality town hotel that is above the normal standard of a business hotel. We were two couples holidaying around the area and were very pleased with the service and facilities. The rooms are to a high standard and there is small pool in secluded gardens, with sun beds provided. Highly recommended if you want to be in the centre of Stellenbosch. Friendly staff and free parking.
– Peter L, Marlborough, United Kingdom (1/17/16)
Awesome dinner with family
The restaurant had the most delicious food I had over the festive season. The staff and waiters are very kind and helpful, even gave us highlights of the city to explore. Excellent environment and the outside areas are beautiful. Ideal place with family, I was with my wife and infant child and all of us had an awesome dinner. My highlight was their homemade bread.
– Tapiwa M (1/6/16)
Charming place to stay
The Oude Werf Hotel is a charming hotel centrally located in the nicest part of Stellenbosch. The staff were most attentive particularly the Reception staff who couldn’t do enough to help you. The rooms were tastefully decorated, very spacious, and spotlessly clean. The turn down service was an added bonus. The breakfasts were delicious with plenty of choice. I would certainly love to stay at this hotel again.
– Jude76, Wakefield (1/4/16)